To achieve successful results, Dar El Mona follows certain principles in Rehabilitation:
- To begin as early as possible (first 24 to 48 hours) following the occurance of the problem (stroke, trauma, surgery ......)
- To assess the patient systematically.
- To prepare the rehabilitation plan carefully.
- To build up the plan in stages.
- To include the type of rehabilitation approach specific to deficits.
- To evaluate the patient’s progress regularly by using the Disability Rating Scale DRS.
Rehabilitation Goals should aim:
- To prevent condition -related complications.
- To restore lost abilities as much as possible.
- To improve the patient's quality of life.
- Promote re-integration into family, home, work, leisure and community activities.
- To educate the patient and family about how to avoid complications.